Majority of classifieds are posted by fair individuals and are secure to utilize. Yet, as online scams are turning out to be more creative with their strategies, users should know about how to secure themselves and their families.
How to remain secure using classifieds?
It’s not much overwhelmed to stay safe when you pay attention on the caution signs.
- Please contact us IMMEDIATELY, at Legal Issues if you suspect someone to be acting fraudulently on (website name).
- Be careful when you are entering into a transaction with the user whose account was found recently or when it is written in a way that seems like a template or automatically translated.
- Do not reveal your account login details to any other party on the website. Also we do not recommend storing the password in your browser.
- On the off chance that you feel that somebody knows your password change to another one.
HOW TO BUY SAFELY
- Be careful while purchasing or selling high valued items.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. In case if it appears too good to be true, then again cross check it. Unrealistic offers are utilized to propel buyers to make hasty decisions.
- The most ideal approach to transact is to collect the thing and pay in the meantime. Never exchange funds or utilize a credit card to pay somebody you don’t know before collecting the item.
- Request clear information on condition of the thing, price, payment and delivery option.
- Utilize just those payment options that you trust and are acquainted with. Never give out your financial details.
- Make sure to meet at a public place with plenty of people around.
- When meeting make sure to let your spouse, sibling, mom, dad, friend or co-worker where you are going and the reason you are going.
- Another good way to handle meeting a stranger to purchase something from the site is to call someone just as you are meeting for the deal and keep them on your phone while the deal is being made.
HOW TO SELL SAFELY
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Keep in mind to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and cash orders. Be aware that banks won’t accept fake currency/cash order and will consider you in charge of it.
- Ensure that your item meets the features you list in your add to keep away from any misconception with the purchaser.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
REPORT AN AD/LISTING
The “Report” option can be found at the bottom of every posting on search result pages. It can also be found in a few spots on the posting’s detail page, for instance at the bottom of the “description” segment.
Report postings seems like that they might be fraud, spam, or taking part in other unlawful activities, for example, discrimination or trademark violations.